Last year we wrote what we were thinking for down in my daily planner, over supper. I’d asked the family what they had to be thankful for that day, and then we’d share and I’d write those all down.
This year I decided it was time each of my kids and husband had their own thankful journal. And so we try to keep these as up to date as possible, which for us ends up being several times a week (usually).
So today over supper as I wrote mine down before sharing I realized just how much I have to be thankful today.
Despite the fact I am home recovering, I feel great most of the time. I get to go on walks daily and going on with my husband and our 2 youngest boys was a nice Valentine’s day treat 🙂 He even took me out to eat, which was fun since it was our first “date” since my operation. Even though I did stand up the whole time.
So here is my thankful list today:
- for the snow ( I love when winter is truly wintery)
- a lunch date with my husband and our 2 little boys.
- we found a cheap used phone for our daughter
- I got a lovely red dress 50% at Goodwill. Yay!
- God kept my 5-year-old safe on our walk home. He is a dasher, and sometimes just runs /dashes ahead of me which happened today when we were waiting at a zebra crossing. It scared me half to death! And I realized how often death has crossed our paths and it was the hand of God keeping it at bay!
- time to read, sketch and update the website while on sick leave.
What are you thankful for today?