A good friend asked me what we eat our house and I thought I would share a list of our favorite meals. Of course I’m always trying new recipes, but these are meals that we eat monthly. If you are interested in recipes, just drop me a note and tell me which recipe you need. I have divided them into divisions of the method of cooking- which is how I plan when I am in a hurry.
We typically eat a soup with sandwiches, or a main dish with salad. We try to include a salad or boiled vegetable every meal, but usually go more for salads. Our dessert list is too numerous to list- as that is my speciality around here.
- salmon soup
- frikadele soup ( A Latvian soup with small meatballs)
- beef soup
- Honey glazed chicken
- Chicken baked with potatoes
- Fish and oven baked potatoes (these potatoes are our healthy version of fries)
- Pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions
Stove Top: (Include a side of buckwheat, potatoes, noodles or rice).
- Sushi (boil rice)
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Ginger chicken (Chinese style) with rice.
- Latvian pancakes (crepes) with fillings: cheese, ham and cheese, meat, etc.
- Karbonades (chicken or pork)
- Greek Salad
- Ceasar Style salad with grilled chicken
- Cheese Salad
- Carrot Salad
- Beet Salad
- Cabbage salad with oil
- Cole Slaw
- Cheese salad