So over here is Eastern Europe the way to have a clean baby’s bottom, save money, AND cut down on diaper rash is this. Wash that baby’s bottom!An American friend and I were talking through this the other day- as she had noticed that is how it is done here. She asked me how I learned how to do it (being married to a Latvian man is the way we usually clean our baby and toddler bottoms). So here is a quick run down.
- Remove baby’s dirty diaper.
- Fold clothes up and out of the way in the back.
- Lay baby on your arm, tummy down with his head resting near the crook of your arm.
- Carry baby to sink and adjust water.
- Rinse and wash baby’s bottom with your other hand.
- Dry with a towel and let baby air dry a bit.
- Clean diaper on and on you are ready to go!
You save lots of money not wasting so many wipes. And baby has a little freshening up, and airing out.