I am working through a book for preparation for birth. True this is not my first birth- but I want something different. I want to work through the pain and try to understand if I can birth without it as others do.
The book challenged me to write for 15 minutues about what I fear. Here are a few of those things:
- Not knowing where I will have my baby ( With the first two I knew where I wanted to- this time I am unsure)
- Not knowing which midwife to give birth with. (The one I had the first two with or the one I am seeing now?)
- Being out of control during labor.
- Pain during the pushing stage that makes me feel I’m going to die.
- Health problems after birth.
- My kids (where will they be? How will they handle the new baby?)
- My baby being too big (The midwife says he will be at least as big as the last. She was almost 10 lbs! )
- Money (I want to be able to afford the kind of birth I desire). The most expensive senerio is still cheap when compared to other countries. But not cheap for us. ($1200 max.)
- Child Support (It looks we may not have the government support this time around since I had to leave my job)
What are your worries in regards to birth? What were they then? Did your worries come to pass?